New Officials of any age and lesser experienced officials who are in high school must complete the following steps…Certification involves the following steps:
Step 1: Register and pay online for the March 3rd referee training session ($35) here: http://assn.la/Reg/?r=4:147741
- (Registration for the March 3rd training session is now open)
(Click on the ‘JOIN’ tab in the upper right hand corner of the page)
- If you are already a member of US Lacrosse as a player, call their membership service department and add officiating to your membership.
Step 3: Complete US Lacrosse on-line training PRIOR to attending classroom session.
- PRIOR TO ATTENDING CLASSROOM SESSION, complete US Lacrosse on-line training.
- Click here to begin by visiting uslacrosse.org
- Under the Officials tab, select online courses. At this point you may be asked to log in to your US Lacrosse membership
- Click on the Catalog button in the middle of the page
- Under Catalog, select the ‘Officials’
- Select Option 2: ‘Men’s Game Officials’
- Select Option 3: “Rules Courses & Webinars’
- Select Option 3: ‘Boys Lacrosse Rules Online Course’
- Add the course to your cart, and proceed to checkout (this course is free with US Lacrosse membership)
- After you have completed the course purchase, go into your courses and click ‘Launch’
- Complete course in order to receive your certificate.
- Upon completion of the course, you must print off your certificate of completion and bring it with you to the classroom session
Step 4: Attend March 3rd at DU Sturm Hall, room 251 from 10:00am to 4:30pm
- This session will include a review of all pertinent rules, field mechanics and taking the US Lacrosse test.
Step 5: Complete the 2019 Boys Youth Rule Test and High School Test:
- Click here to begin. At this point you may be asked to log in to, or register with, your US Lacrosse membership
- Click on ‘Access Exams’ and then the Catalog button in the middle of the page
- Under Catalog, select the ‘Officials’ tab.
- Select Option 1: ‘Annual Rules Exams’
- Select Enroll next to ‘2019 Youth Boys Exam’, and then ‘Launch’ on the next page
- Go through the entire course in order to complete and receive your certificiate.
- Do the same for ‘2019 NFHS Boys Exam’
- Upon completion of the course, you must print off your results that show you have completed the test.
- You can apply for the New Officials Equipment grant through US Lacrosse to recieve: (1) short sleeved officials shirt, (1) fingergrip or lanyard whistle, reusable scorecard, flip coin, officials hat, (2) flags, and a tape measure. CLICK HERE for more info & application
- This Certification will be directed by a US Lacrosse certified trainer, and will include several RMLOA experienced training officials
- Join US Lacrosse as an OFFICIAL (You can also include being a player.)
- Complete the Online training course (see directions above) and bring your copy of the completion certificate.
- Pay for the training course online by CLICKING HERE
- Remember your rulebooks
- Bring your Lunch
- Something to take notes on…for officiating